Hi again loves! 😀 So, I know a lot of gals have thin lips, and are unhappy with them. I have medium/full lips, so I don’t know how you feel exactly, but I personally think that thin lips are so gorgeous! 😀 If you still want to play around with a bit of lip enlarging, I made a tutorial:
From this, to this:
It’s not a humongous difference, but that’s the look I was going for, only a slight enlarging.
Here is a simple, few step tutorial on how to achieve this effect:
Step 1: on an everyday basis, you need to just apply a simple, moisturizing lip balm. My favorites are: Vaseline, Burt’s Bees, and Blistex DCT. Do NOT use Carmex, it only dries out the lips. Also, once a week, exfoliate the lips. Here are 2 inexpensive options: Use the Elf Lip Exfoliator, only $2, or use a pinch of normal, plain sugar. So, anyway, just start with a smooth, clean lip canvas.
Step 2: Line your lippies with a nude lip liner. I used Maybelline’s Nude. Begin by outlining your natural shape, and then fill in, Te continue to outline, going slightly out of your natural lip shape.
Step 3: next, take a darker lip liner, and go over the same shape. I used L’Oreal Infallible Lip Liner in Red/Wine.
Step 4: apply a matching lipstick over the slightly exaggerated shape. I used Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Cinnamon Twist.
Step 5: finish the lips off with some gloss. I used my favorite lip gloss, Mentha Lip Tint in Violet Mint.
- gloss makes the lips look bigger.
- darker colors make the lips look smaller. (if you have thin lips, but want to try a dark color, slightly over-draw your lip shape)
- If you have exaggerated your lip shape, make sure to use lip liner so that the shape lasts.
- Be EXTREMELY careful not to make it obvious that you’e over drawn. It will look terrible.
- in your free time, PRACTICE. You can’t just try this trick for your very first time, and walk out the door. Practice is VERY important!
I hop this was helpful!
If you have any questions, please comment below!
❤ Lucy 😀